MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! At speed the flap on the tonneau cover tends to come adrift from under the boot lid. I've tried attaching draught excluding strips to the underside of the cover to bulk up the flap, which is an improvement but has not entirely resolved the problem.
Any suggestions welcome!
Cheers, Mick

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,016 Posts
I am assuming that you have the mrk2 hood cover for your TF, the bit that fits under the boot should be quite thick enough to fill the rain channel. In fact the issue with many was the this was so thick it meant that the boot lid ended being pushed up slightly.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am assuming that you have the mrk2 hood cover for your TF, the bit that fits under the boot should be quite thick enough to fill the rain channel. In fact the issue with many was the this was so thick it meant that the boot lid ended being pushed up slightly.
Hi Chris, I think you might have cracked it by mentioning the rain channel! I've only ever left the flap that goes under the boot, flat......should I be tucking it into the rain channel? Thanks for your help, Mick

·
Registered
rover_75
291 Posts
It should have a couple of bits of soft rubber tubing in the back edge the tucks under the boot lid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It should have a couple of bits of soft rubber tubing in the back edge the tucks under the boot lid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Nigel, I think this is where I've improvised with a couple of strips of black draught excluder tubing, which bulks it out and is hidden under the boot lid. I've just done the roof with the Renovo kit so having to wait until I can let the roof down and try tucking the flap into the rain channel.
Thanks again, Mick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts