MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
mgf
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing a rather loud and nasty sounding rattle that occurs from the rear of my car whenever i take a 90 degree left turn with the power on?i am no novice and have sorted and lived with all the regular issues of having one of these cars,i'v'e had it on jacks many times and turn the wheels both in and out of gear,the only thing i find is if i turn one wheel forward the other wheel stays stationary,nothing is loose or rattling underneath it only makes the noise when i am turning left in low gears with my foot down,has anyone experienced the same,or have any suggestions as to how i might fix it?.

·
Registered
rover_75
283 Posts
Anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing a rather loud and nasty sounding rattle that occurs from the rear of my car whenever i take a 90 degree left turn with the power on?i am no novice and have sorted and lived with all the regular issues of having one of these cars,i'v'e had it on jacks many times and turn the wheels both in and out of gear,the only thing i find is if i turn one wheel forward the other wheel stays stationary,nothing is loose or rattling underneath it only makes the noise when i am turning left in low gears with my foot down,has anyone experienced the same,or have any suggestions as to how i might fix it?.

I agree with wheel bearing, have you checked the wheel/hub for for play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
If it had been front wheel drive and the noise from the front I would have said CVJ. I suppose its still a possibility.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts