MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
rover_200_brm
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to remove the upper part of the vvc hydraulic mech by taking out the 3 bolts then lifting it up enough to add some gasket maker, then re bolting it back down. or does the timing need to be set and it done the right way? i have small leaks between the base plate and upper housing front and back.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is it possible to remove the upper part of the vvc hydraulic mech by taking out the 3 bolts then lifting it up enough to add some gasket maker, then re bolting it back down. or does the timing need to be set and it done the right way? i have small leaks between the base plate and upper housing front and back.
Did you find an answer to this question? Have the same leak myself

·
Mmmm....Rover..
10,424 Posts
The HCU housing can be removed after unscrewing the 3 retaining bolts.

Remove the oil temperature sensor first and expect quite a bit of oil to escape when the top section is removed.

The HCU base plate is sealed with a shaped black seal on either side, if you are not renewing them and just adding
sealant use it sparingly as you don't want to block any oilways.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Did you find an answer to this question? Have the same leak myself
There is 2 seals for the unit unfortunately the lower one isn't available without buying the housing. If you remove the housing tho you have to set the plunger and vvc hubs into service position

1 - 4 of 4 Posts