MG-Rover.org Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
ROVER 25 and a ROVER CABRIOLET
35,804 Posts
I think it has worked out fine, we seem to be getting a bit more traffic too.

Emotcons and smiles are not the be all and end all.

·
Registered
'06 MG ZR +120 (HQM) '04 MG ZR 105 (IAB)
9,204 Posts
..............we seem to be getting a bit more traffic too......
Not so sure about that - I would have said that traffic and new posts are no better (perhaps worse) than on the old format.

In reply to earlier posts by Roverlike and Admin; whilst it is still possible to carry out some of the same functions as were there in VB, most of them now seem to be a rigmarole to go through, whereas before, they were simple, straightforward and often in primary view.

My impression of Xenforo so far is that it is massively inferior, but that may just be down to the oft demonstrated limitations in the abilities of the VerticalScope IT department. Lack of the ability to edit older posts, and the omission of a mechanism for temporary sellers to pay for access to post things for sale - this should have been in place to start with, not left to be sorted out in the fullness of time.

I also note that the GDPR infringements are still not sorted out!

·
Administrator
cityrover
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Not so sure about that - I would have said that traffic and new posts are no better (perhaps worse) than on the old format.

In reply to earlier posts by Roverlike and Admin; whilst it is still possible to carry out some of the same functions as were there in VB, most of them now seem to be a rigmarole to go through, whereas before, they were simple, straightforward and often in primary view.

My impression of Xenforo so far is that it is massively inferior, but that may just be down to the oft demonstrated limitations in the abilities of the VerticalScope IT department. Lack of the ability to edit older posts, and the omission of a mechanism for temporary sellers to pay for access to post things for sale - this should have been in place to start with, not left to be sorted out in the fullness of time.

I also note that the GDPR infringements are still not sorted out!
Please report any GDPR infringements to [email protected]. The policy team will be able to help address these.
-Philip

·
Registered
ROVER 25 and a ROVER CABRIOLET
35,804 Posts

I haven't been on for a week and there are 9 pages of new posts, this has been the way since a week after launch,
it was normally about 4 or 5 so I will still say there is more traffic, plus it all depends on your own personal browsing
habbits, if you are on every day or only frequent certain sections it may look less.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts