MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1101 - 1120 of 1129 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Took my 160 for MOT today, passed with some minor advisories (play in track rod ends) so just taxed it and taking for a spin in the glorious sunshine we have today :)

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Took my 160 for MOT today, passed with some minor advisories (play in track rod ends) so just taxed it and taking for a spin in the glorious sunshine we have today :)
Ah- Nothing in other words! easy job, except the tracking- But today was a definite roof-off opportunity, which I obliged when I drove my 160 home from the staion this evening.
Well done!

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Car sale in Manchester who wasn't using them anymore, have seen them for sale on ebay now and again but at a lot higher price than I gt them for :p
They are the biz but Id not have to guts to drive mine up them!

They would be great for undersealing!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Cleaned the roof of my 160 as the weather is terrible (heavy rain) and as the roof was nice and moist so I'm hoping, when the weather dries up it will look a nice shade of black again rather than green due to moss

·
Registered
mg_tf
606 Posts
Left mine at the garage.
Took it for its retest, part of the last fail being 'poor handbrake effort' and imbalance across front axle. Stripped, cleaned, lubricated all the calipers. Car pulls up dead straight, and I can lock the wheels. Hand-brake holds fine on a hill.
However, tester says hand-brake on one side still duff, so failed again. ****.
Gave in, told him to have a go.

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,886 Posts
Left mine at the garage.
Took it for its retest, part of the last fail being 'poor handbrake effort' and imbalance across front axle. Stripped, cleaned, lubricated all the calipers. Car pulls up dead straight, and I can lock the wheels. Hand-brake holds fine on a hill.
However, tester says hand-brake on one side still duff, so failed again. ****.
Gave in, told him to have a go.
Did the tester show you the brake readings?

1101 - 1120 of 1129 Posts