MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1161 - 1165 of 1165 Posts

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
10 C today so I had a look at things and decided to take the console off, I just couldn't get the switch out however hard I tried. The console came off relatively easily following this guide Centre console. - How to Remove, but of course, one of the the lower retaining clips broke, (as they do), Rimmer didn't have any but B&G had them in stock FWJ100260 RH and FWJ100270 LH - these are screwed in so I imagine they are replaceable because they can break so easily - I was very careful as well.The top clips, which are moulded to the surround came out without brakeage. With the console removed I was able to push out the switch, with some force mind you, and the console is sitting in my office waiting for a really good clean. Probably 10 days before I get the new clips, but the car is drivable. I was able to fix my front fog wiring (connecting pin 1 and 2 together) - plenty of space to do it, so the switch is now illuminated. I had wired in my own fog lighs but didn't connect pins 1 and 2 together - my mistake. By the way, the new rear fog switch did the job, I've now got rear fogs, but what a faff to get it done. Just waiting for B&G now. Next week having the Black Diamond front and rear pads fitted, so let's see if they make any difference to the braking.
Great news that you found a solution and everything is working. Clips do break. I invested in a set of plastic tools to help. I put it off for ages.Worth getting though I use them more than I thought I would.

·
Registered
MGTF 135
42 Posts
I've got a set of those plastic tools, they are great for things like removing the console and the door skins etc, etc.They are quite soft so no risk of damaging the plastic surfaces on the car, or scratching the paintwork. A really good cheap investment.

·
Registered
MGTF 135
42 Posts

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Fitted a replacement wiper motor and linkage, to replace the bag of spanners motor that was on the car.

I bought a late TF assembly and swapped over the electrical connectors to make it fit my very early F. Nice straightforward job and now everything is now lovely and quiet.

As my old linkage is still in great condition, I have stripped off and binned the motor and put the rest in my little MG stores area.

·
Registered
mg_tf
81 Posts
Tinkered with my spare engine today. So far i have stripped and cleaned the head, fitted new valve stem seals, lifted the cylinder liners and resealed them with Hylomar, new upgraded oil rail, stripped, cleaned and refilled the hydraulic lifters, new Victor Reinz head gasket and head bolts, new cambelt and tensioner, new water pump. New coat of silver VHT paint on the sump, block and head and painted the cam cover bright red today as it was warm and breeze free. Nice little project and a great spare.

1161 - 1165 of 1165 Posts