MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1181 - 1200 of 1230 Posts

·
Registered
mg_tf
60 Posts
Buying wild bird seed and them cam belt fit and finish off after this HGF .waiting for remote thermostat .will have to find T piece
for fitting into.rad hose .Anyone. done this at front ..? Getting fast at fitting inlet manifold
I've done this to my TF160 VVC recently and bought an aluminium 32mm equal tee from Car Builders Solutions (carbuilder.com/uk).It fitted a treat.
B.

·
Registered
41 Posts
In the
Hi Fiddler2

Not bought any bird seed recently but i did relocate the thermostat to the front just behind the rad. Swapped to the 82c stat to compensate for the extra volume of water. Works a treat and warm up is no longer than previous however i dont use the car during the winter. Bought a stainless T piece off the bay of fleas. 82c stat from Rimmers.
In the end did nothing .Any dimensions for t piece might be a big help

·
Registered
mg_tf
135 Posts
In the

In the end did nothing .Any dimensions for t piece might be a big help
The T piece i used had a smaller diameter for the bypass to match the thermostat housing. I cant recall the exact dimension but you should measure the Thermostat diameters and try and match a T piece accordingly. Makes it easier to install the bypass tube if both ends, T piece and Thermostat are the same Dimension. The part of the T that i located into the radiator bottom hose is a bigger diameter, may be 32mm as stated above

·
Registered
23 Posts
Paint work is rough, handbrake is... odd... first job is that and front wheel bearings. And the orange (not red) engine light is on so a reader is on the way from ebay. But the head gasket was done 18m ago, it's done 50,000, and was £400.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Paint work is rough, handbrake is... odd... first job is that and front wheel bearings. And the orange (not red) engine light is on so a reader is on the way from ebay. But the head gasket was done 18m ago, it's done 50,000, and was £400.

View attachment 135083 View attachment 135085
Looks ok to me! When I collected my 2nd hand hard top I realised, and so did the sellers that my car has 3 shades of silver- But, so what - it was bought as a daily runner/project and Ive had it 5 years in August. Its actually been a very reliable car considering the bad press they get. My son had a nice one, years ago and i enjoyed playing with that as its faily simple mechanics. I took mine to his BN house in KingsHill, Kent-
for those of you who might know of it. He said to me- 'it hasnt got an oil-leak , has it Dad?' Not many cars in Kingshill leak oil....

·
Registered
1995 MGF Mpi
736 Posts
Found a bad wheel bearing yesterday. Fortunately I have one, so the hub's going to the garage to have a new one pressed in.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Found a bad wheel bearing yesterday. Fortunately I have one, so the hub's going to the garage to have a new one pressed in.
front or back? I've seen back looks like a big job, I need to do both front - considering buying a cheap press as I hate paying garages to do things - but cheap is subjective at the moment!

·
Registered
1995 MGF Mpi
736 Posts
It's a back bearing. It cost me an hour labour charge, not cheap but it's now back in my hand and ready to reinstall tonight.

·
Registered
41 Posts
There are 8 of us share a warehouse workshop. Keeping social distance. Might be good idea if a get are in one area ? So lots of tools shared . Press ,welding one person operate.power wash. Vac .tea coffee

·
Registered
23 Posts
There are 8 of us share a warehouse workshop. Keeping social distance. Might be good idea if a get are in one area ? So lots of tools shared . Press ,welding one person operate.power wash. Vac .tea coffee
Where abouts is that Fiddler2? It would need to be 8 for me to be able to afford but I'd love the opportunity to have access to a lift. And a mig - I'd love a working mig!

1181 - 1200 of 1230 Posts