MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've located what has been draining my battery. Recently my battery has been dying after not driving it for a couple of days. I connected a multimeter to battery and narrowed the fault down to the number 3 fuse inside the car which is for interior electrics such as radio and lights. I disconnected the radio and no difference on the multimeter. There is a small silver box behind the radio I've disconnected and the amps on the multimeter went down to 0.06 which is exactly what it should be. Before it was 0.35. My radio still works fine with this box disconnected. Does anybody know what it is? I've called my insurance company and they say it is not the black box.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
:unsure: Dunno. Probably after market. Has it got a part no. or manufacturer name on it? Where do the wires go?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:unsure: Dunno. Probably after market. Has it got a part no. or manufacturer name on it? Where do the wires go?
I tried to follow the wires but they go too far into the dashboard to be able to trace. Here is another picture with a barcode. Just under the barcode it sais rover 75 CD. This is a rover 25 bearing in mind.

Attachments

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,538 Posts
Two wires which I see are red and white. That is audio input/output left ang right channel. I do not see any power wire from the box. Are there any other wires?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looks like somekind of ICE add on. Either a bluetooth adapter or a DAB adapter? If your not using it, you should just be able to disconect it. The branding on the front looks familiar, as aftermarket make.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Two wires which I see are red and white. That is audio input/output left ang right channel. I do not see any power wire from the box. Are there any other wires?
There was a power wire yes but I unplugged it and had no battery drain problems since. Radio all works fine cd player and speakers all still work fine. Another pic here with more wires.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like somekind of ICE add on. Either a bluetooth adapter or a DAB adapter? If your not using it, you should just be able to disconect it. The branding on the front looks familiar, as aftermarket make.
Thanks that might be the case I think. Everything still works fine so I'll just leave it unplugged.

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,538 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts