MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to polish my Facelift headlights using a 3M kit I have.
Can you advise me what lacquer to use afterwards to protect them?

thanks

2006cdt

·
Registered
rover_600
100 Posts
I am going to polish my Facelift headlights using a 3M kit I have.
Can you advise me what lacquer to use afterwards to protect them?

thanks

2006cdt
mask around the area so you get no overspray on to the paintwork. then you can use any rattle can of clear lacquer. best to apply at least three coats one left to right let it flash off then one up and down let it flash off then a final horozontal coat. the last car I did was a gents Honda Jazz the lamps were so bad that I had to start with 600gt wet and dry before going down to 2000gt in stages then a very fine paste to finish. found an old rattle can on the shelf gave it a realy good shake about 15 mins to make sure it was mixed then gave the lenses coats of laquer til the can ran out both lamps got about 5 coats.
The old gent was so happy that his headlights actualy produced a beam patteren on the garage door where before there had just been a yellow glow.
He even tryed to give me money he could not understand how as a rover club member, I would not accept payment Us oldies have to stick together, it mattered not that it was his wifes Jazz, I had bought nothing the Job was done with what was lying about the garage, and it gave me someone to talk to. Note this was before Covid 19.
So the best advice I can offer is the cheepest clear lacquer in the local autoshop or on the net. they are all much of a much when they are in rattle cans.
alan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts