Discussion Starter #1
  1. Hi I've just got a 1.6 115
  2. Brought it today but don't know wot to do with it very clean 50k
  3. Do I mot it or break it seems to run and drive ok or sell it complete

·
Registered
mg_tf
195 Posts
Bit strange to have bought it when you don’t know what to do with it!
Guess you bought it simply to make money on the purchase? OK.
Only you know it’s condition and it’s apparent worth over what you paid.
Breaking it? Shame if it’s economically ‘repairable’. If you do break it, it will depend on how quickly you want your return and what space you have to store the parts.
It might be getting to a point where too many have been broken and secondhand spares are plentiful, and reasonably priced.

·
Registered
mg_tf
55 Posts
Why would you break it if you've just bought it?

If it's a good runner and needs a small amount of work to get it through an MOT then it may be worth doing, then either drive and enjoy it, or sell on to someone who would appreciate it. Either way, these cars are worth preserving if economically viable.

·
Registered
mgf
636 Posts
#3 is the obvious answer. There are way too many Fs and TFs being broken for no good reason; such a shame.

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
Or option 4), look in the mirror and ask yourself why you bothered to buy the thing and then come here and ask us such a pointless question...

#timewaster

·
Registered
269 Posts
Depends how much you paid for it, what the condition is like, year etc. What would it need for the MOT.
Can you tuck it away in the garage and do it up for use in the spring.

Do you have the time or space to break it for spares.
Bought mine cheap, and bit of work and got myself a cheap rag top to use, and which won't upset me too much if/when it gets too much to keep running.
As mentioned above you must have had some sort of urge to part with the pennies when you bought it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts