MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
rover_400_95_99
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
fuel pump relay

Does no one know? The Haynes says all main relays are in the fuse box under bonnet, but when I look in there the only three relays that are indicated are ones for heater, fan and air con. Surely the main relay and fuel pump relay have to be somewhere easy to get to?

CHeers

Jon

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Does no one know? The Haynes says all main relays are in the fuse box under bonnet, but when I look in there the only three relays that are indicated are ones for heater, fan and air con. Surely the main relay and fuel pump relay have to be somewhere easy to get to?

CHeers

Jon
I think the part you are referring to is the engine control module relay.
This is mounted on the bulkhead behing the engine control module.

Don't think the fuel pump has its own as it is all controlled from a central brain

·
Registered
rover_400_95_99
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fuel pump relay

After talking to a helpful guy at the Rover service dept. he did suggest that was the one I need. It costs £35+ vat so maybe it's worth getting it to try?
My problem is as the car will not supply fuel I cannot get it started. Almost impossible to find a garage that will come and have a look at it!

Cheers

Jon

·
Super Moderator
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,373 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts

Or eBay ...
One more question. What does 29X stand for? I found a lot of YWB100970´s, but with other numbers in the end.
Will they work? I also found one 29x in Sweden so i think i order that one.

·
Super Moderator
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,373 Posts
Honestly I do not know, but since it is not in the same line with part number, it is not part of part number. Lucky guess might be that 29X have to do something with manufacturer series of production or simiral ...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts