MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't help thinking I am being fleeced with this, what are the benefits, and what about the downsides?

My 15 year old daughter likes Skyrim, wants Tomb Raider, & plays on it a bit, but I am struggling to see where the Live bit fits into my lifestyle really - or am I missing out on something spectacular?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
it is expensive if you don't use it much, however, that's true of most things. I love xbox live and have been online since the original black one. It's a great community if you meet the right people and you can really have some fun nights slogging it out online with a bunch of mates.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Agreed. It can be expensive but if you break it down over a year it doesn't cost a great deal of money.

Currently they are giving away a free game every 15/16 days on Xbox Live for Gold Members (Currently Assassin's Creed 2, which I highly recommend if you don't already own it!).

You get discounts/offers on items across Xbox live, from games to expansion DLC.

You also can play online which is the key reason for Xbox Live Gold. I recently convinced my brother to get Xbox Live Gold, and that took some convincing! Notice he plays online more than I do! He loves playing Modern Warfare online. Play him semi-regularly! It's great fun when your playing a game with people you know!

Lastly, DONT buy Xbox Live Gold through Microsoft. You can pick up subscription cards from online retailers much cheaper!

I've used Electronic First for the last few years. Plus they have a sale on the 12 months subscription card. They email you the code within a couple of minutes of completing the transaction. :broon:

I have also seen a few friends using CJS-CDkeys, but can't vouch for them.

If you do use Electronic First, pay via paypal IMO, as then your protected just in case. :)

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
No worries, for info...

The Free Xbox games thing has only started last month.

So far they have been/announced:
Fable 3
Defense Grid: Awakening
Assassin Creed 2 - Current
Halo 3 - Announced

1 - 5 of 5 Posts