MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car has been sitting for a while, and all steamed up, so took it out for a bit of a blast, but the driver’s side screen didn’t clear. Seems there isn't any air coming through its vent, even with the fan full blast. Seems to be OK on the other side.

Does this sound like a well-known defect/simple fix to anybody, or is it in to the garage…?

Ta

·
Super Moderator
12,292 Posts
From my point of view, air is not coming to the screen on sides, but from the center point. Problem that you have on driver side is because you are in the drivers seat and being human means you are producing moisture. Since moisture is present in the air by high percent, this air blowing on the screen is not enough to clear driver side. Only thing which can help in these situations is air conditioning.
Turn it on to cold and blowing on the window, that will clear your screen. If you do not have A/C then hand wipe is the only other way I am affraid ...

·
Registered
mg_tf
30 Posts
The air pipe that connects the vents to the blower has become detached. Had this on mine! Look in the footwell and you will see a black cylindrical pipe, follow it and it will be detatched - just reconnect and job done

·
Registered
mg_tf
62 Posts
There is no pollen filter on my 2002 TF? Pointless anyway as there are so many gaps air can get into the cabin:)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The air pipe that connects the vents to the blower has become detached. Had this on mine! Look in the footwell and you will see a black cylindrical pipe, follow it and it will be detatched - just reconnect and job done
Quite right - red arrowed bit in the pic below. I've kind of pushed it back on, and airflow has been restored :D

Doesn't seem to be any way of locating it positively though, and it's very hard to manipulate, unless you're a gynaecologist... so I expect it'll be off again at some stage - but at least I know what the problem is now.

Just one thing - does anybody know what the BLUE arrowed thingy is???

20191127_130546.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts