MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all hope some one can help i have a rover 45 classic 2002 nearly every time i start the engine the wiper fuse blows we have disconnected the wipers and washers to see if that help but nothing still blew. So we then disconnected the wipers washers and switch and it still blew any body got any ideas

·
Super Moderator
12,340 Posts
I suggest to remove the fuse which is blowing and use multimeter on resistance setting to see if you have connection to ground. I suspect that wire has damaged insulation somewhere and bare wire touching metal, thus making ground connection.
If this is the case you will have to trace the problem in wires. Usualy I would suggest to start from wipers side.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suggest to remove the fuse which is blowing and use multimeter on resistance setting to see if you have connection to ground. I suspect that wire has damaged insulation somewhere and bare wire touching metal, thus making ground connection.
If this is the case you will have to trace the problem in wires. Usualy I would suggest to start from wipers side.
Thanks for the reply yes there is power still going to the fuse and trying to find where the wire is bad

1 - 3 of 3 Posts