MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75_tourer
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chrimble is coming and we're thinking of getting the lad a wireless controller for his 360. Looking on fleabay I've noticed several types of controller. 1) is the genuine one 2) a compatable one. Question is are the compatable ones any good? Will they have all the functions the original ones have? What do I avoid?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
If your lad h a slim X-box 360, (black with silver trim) chances are it has the wireless controller built in, The oldest ones of these are aout 2-3 years old now so fairly common.

I know for sure the 250gig version is wi-fi ready (wireless controller built in)

·
Premium Member
6,527 Posts
God knows what Julian is talking about...

ALL Xbox 360's have wireless controller comparability, every single one.
The older ones with the HDD's on the top dont have WiFi built in, thats all, the Wireless controller module are all present in all Xbox 360's, hence them all having that little button on the front to sync them.

But as for the controller, get an official one, the copies are no substitute for the real thing :)

·
Registered
mg_zr
84 Posts
Try some were like game get an original one u can sometimes pick up gd deals were ya get microsoft points or xbox gold or even a new game

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
As people have said, official controllers all the way. You can get the play and charge bundle kits if you want the rechargable batteries too for around £40 otherwise its £30 for a wireless controller.

Other than that I would only entertain officially licenced products from trusted brands of the likes of Logitech but these are usually just as expensive as the original Microsoft controllers.

·
Registered
rover_streetwise
1 Posts
I know it's a bit late now, but I'd strongly recommend a wired controller, assuming your lad is playing in his bedroom or the living room (rather than from, say, 20 feet away where the wire won't reach) because wired controllers are more practical for everyday use, it makes the controller easier to find (as it's plugged in) and you don't have to worry about the batteries running out mid game. Also you can plug the wired controller into your PC to play PC games with the controller, which can make playing certain games easier, and also means you aren't stuck at the keyboard and mouse during game play.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts