MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my ZS Excite auto since December 2019 and just covered 1,000 miles. When I approach traffic lights and come to a stop, I engage neutral and the handbrake, keeping feet off of both the accelerator and brake pedal. The stop-start 'e' light flashes a few times and then stays off. The engine is still running. Recently, the engine has cut out as I come to a stop, and no pressing of the brake or accelerator will make it start again! I end up turning the ignition off and on again to restart the car. I've read the manual and although the car is behaving like it is going into 'start-stop', it doesn't start again. I've had a stop-start car before, so am used to the facility. This has confused me. Is my stop-start not behaving like it should, or it the car just cutting out in general.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Swimmy, have you tried switching off the stop/start, if so does this make a difference? Try to get as much detail as possible and then I would suggest that it is a trip back to your dealer.
All the best...Chris.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't switched off the stop/start yet, as I am trying to replicate the issue. My issue is that my stop/start hardly ever works. Only just turned over 1,100 miles since picking up the car in December, but the stopping has been so infrequent, that in order to properly investigate the issue, I'll need more time. Hopefully, I can add to this discussion at a later date.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts