MG-Rover.org Forums banner

ZS Saloon Leaky (Solved)

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  MGtom91 
#1 ·
Passenger side boot leak, inside of rear quarter panel has moisture on surface. Many threads here on boot leaks such as around rear light, N/S boot vent etc but these areas are dry and the leak on mine seems to be coming from a way above where the petrol filler is but I just cannot see up there ?? The water pools underneath the vent.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
My 416 is exactly the same - the water seems to come from much higher up above the petrol filler. If I stuff the area with rags the leak seems to run down the inside of the inner panel Thinking it might be coming from the rear window seal or the roof guttering, I have taped these areas off, but the leak persists. I have found similar posts ,but no conclusion. Reluctantly, could be time to drill a drain hole to let the water escape.

#4 ·
Well I have now plastered every seem and area of suspicion with silicone sealant including the rear of the roof channel above rear glass and around filler neck etc. Not holding my breath. Currently have boot carpet and inner carpet trim removed as they were getting soaked!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.